I’m beginning to miss the little things from my life at home:
- Haribo Gummy Bears: thanks Karen for bringing me a bag… but now I’m dry
- Local News: yesterday, I went on abc7news.com and watched the 11am news streamed live. I never thought I would miss seeing SF news.
- TIME: I’ve been picking up TIME magazine every time I eat at Homey Kitchen… Today, I read about Lincoln in the latest issue.
- Cereal: I had a whole bowl with soy milk right before typing this. Still not the same with Soy milk instead of my usual Kirkland (Costco) milk.
- Food Variety: Last time we wanted Mexican food so bad, we rode the MTR all the way to Central and looked for “Taco Loca,” one of 2 mexican rest in all of HK. The food was okay, but nothing compares to the stuff I can get in SF. We have all kinds of Asian Foods nearby: sushi, thai, vietnamese (noodles). Still trying to find Phu, good pad thai, burmese, a good deli (even Subway sounds good). They just don’t call food by the way we are accustomed. Like pad thai would be pan fried noodles with shrimp. weak! Oh and I was excited to find a Turkish rest.. gonna try it soon.
So far so good. I’ve been able to find supplements.